[opendtv] Re: Aspect ratio (of Matrix Reloaded)

> The pixel structure is annoying. I'm wondering whether
> this pre-show countdown is delivered to AMC theaters by
> DVD these days? It looks no better than DVD quality.

AFAIK its SD video, delivered through their 'digital theater
distribution system'. Systems I've seen/worked on typically use 1 or
2-way satellite to distribute pre-show content, and cache it on edge
devices at the projector room. Most just use SD output, but I see some
wanting HD output nowadays.  From googling it looks like AMC will
be/have been delivering some movies at this resolution too (uh oh).

Cheers
Kon