[opendtv] Are there ANY new ATSC Set Top Box - Receivers being made???

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:35:33 -0400

Looking on Google and AVS Forum today, I can find no reference to either a new set top box design made after 2006, or a 6th generation chip.

Nor any ads for such.

Are there any newer STBs available with ?2009-2010? designs or 6th or ?later? generation chips available for purchase by consumers?

Or, are there any such newer professional broadcast receivers available?

The STBs I've used are not capable of satisfactory reception:

RCA, Panasonic, Channel Master, Zenith, Samsung, Digital Stream, Philips.

If not, I find it extremely outrageous that new receivers are not available.

Again, I absolutely refuse to pay for television with commercials when
it should be available for free over the air.