[opendtv] Antennas

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:43:03 -0500

BTW, to be more specific, my main VHF/UHF
outdoor antenna is "large," but not huge. It
is one of those 8-VHF-element log periodics,
with a nice UHF section that includes a
corner reflector. Analog reception of
some Baltimore stations is quite good. CBS
13 from Balt is better than CBS 9 from Wash.
ABC 2 is usually masked by interference. Fox
45 and WB 54 analog are both weak but
usable. UPN 24 is excellent, as is analog PBS
22 (WMPT) from Annapolis.

As I said earlier, UPN 24 seems not to be
on the list of DT stations (according to the
zap2it web site), and the digital versions of
Fox 45, WB 54, and PBS 22 are all excellent.

Upstairs reception with a Radio Shack double
bowtie is very good for local analog stations,
not for Annapolis or Balt stations. Have not
tried ATSC with the upstairs setup.

The MHz Network, analog Channel 56, digital
Channle 30, is way over to the west of
where my outdoor antennas point. Yet, it
is receivable from the omni VHF. Gives me a
chance to brush up on my German, because
it transmits DW and other foreign good stuff.
Analog 56 was useless from the outdoor
antennas.