[opendtv] Re: Another point of view on walled gardens

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 06:39:35 -0500

Do you not find it at least curious that your point is that HTTP wasn't developed until 1990, but we've already established that CompuServe was selling airline tickets online by 1985?

Are you seizing on the phrase "WWW" or "Web" so literally? Do you not perhaps think that as in most things technical, the writer didn't use the exact, precise, technically accurate phrase to describe what existed prior to today's internet experience for the average user?

Sheesh, Bert, you're beginning to argue like John Willkie.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>