[opendtv] Re: Another Wireless PC-to-TV Idea

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 09:12:06 -0400

Speaking of which, when will someone come up with either an ATSC or Clear-QAM interface for televisions?

Since my cable company went 90% digital, I have several cheapie Motorola "Digital Adapters" that only have a single RF NTSC channel 3-4 out. Why can't it have a single Clear-QAM out? Bypass the MPEG-2 decoding altogether, and simply take the digital data from the desired program stream and use it to reconstruct a new bit stream modulated on Channel 3.

And no, I can't just use my television because almost all of the QAM channels are hidden, forcing even expanded basic subscribers with Digital Televisions to use either the Digital Adaptor or a full blown digital cable box.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

THis is obvious. Just as obvious as those NTSC modulators made for things like DVD players, to get the audio and video into TVs that had no baseband inputs.