[opendtv] Re: Analysts Vet Investor Concerns on Broadcast and Cable Sectors

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:09:09 -0700

Excerpt from the article:

"There is also a perception that broadcast networks eventually will put affiliates out of business.
Excerpt from the article:

Well, duh!

As a company ATSC representative in the mid 90s and only a few months into that journey, it became clear to me that this was a top level agenda of at least two of the major networks (CBS and NBC).

Some of you will recall my warnings of such a probable outcome; which mostly fell upon deaf (or jaundiced) ears. Unfortunately that was also the reaction of our company's owner, a true blue broadcaster and one who leveraged himself into bankruptcy supporting this scam.

Dale

-----Original Message----- From: Manfredi, Albert E
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:01 PM
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx