[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Why Low Def is the New HD

  • From: Don Moore <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:35:47 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

While acknowledging the importance of the market for HD displays and content to feed them, he provides some very compelling reasons why Low Definition video has SIGNIFICANTLY greater growth potential than HD.

It still comes down to the consumer. Did they ask for HDTV? or are they being pushed. HDTV is splitting television as we know it. When the CEA tells the consumer they need several thousand dollars to watch HDTV programming and the consumer discovers they can watch video on game consoles, cell phones, computers, etc that they already own...

Do the math.  We serve the consumer and those who realize that will survive.

Don Moore
Greensboro