[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Should Apple Buy Hollywood?

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:53:47 -0500

Actually when deinterlacer deals with movies and it should detect 24 F/s
cadence (3/2 pull-down) it should switch to recovery of 24 F/s progressive
video and convert it into 60 F/s video. Of course converting it to 72 F/s or
120 F/s is much better because of integer relationship. The implementation
of conversion to 60 F/s sometimes is not so good because of 5/2 relationship
between 24F/s and 60 F/s. So in case of movies you should see no interlace
artifacts only strange motion jitter on 60 Hz TV's. It should look much
better on 120 Hz TV's

Mike Tsinberg

 <http://keydigital.com/> http://keydigital.com