[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Dethroning King Gillette

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:41:48 -0800

I have a few nits to pick with this message, but this one sticks out "So
720p-24  requires half the bandwidth AND (because of the lower resolution)
half of the processing power,"

Seems to me that if 720p requires half the bandwidth of 1080i, then it
permits using 1/4th (or so) the processing power, if not much less.