[opendtv] Re: AT&T denies loss of iPhone exclusive would hit earnings

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:09:38 -0400

Correction: "... millions of cdma2000 chips from Qualcomm ..." Apple has been oredering WCDMA chips ever since the 3G iPhone was (at long last) introduced.

Bert

To the best of my knowledge Apple has not purchased ANY chips from Qualcomm; their supplier has been Infinion.

I have seen a report that Apple sold 5 million custom WCDMA phones without WiFi to China Unicom, but I'm not certain of the validity of the report. Both the 3G and 3GS sold elsewwhere are GSM only.

Do you have any sources to verify your statement that Apple has been ordering WCDMA chips?