[opendtv] Re: A full explanation of the PSIP time issue.

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 19:23:14 -0700

So, I was off by 2 seconds on a 27 year old time value.  Franky, I couldn't
remember if it was 7, 8 or 9, and I didn't care to look it up, because GPS
representations of time are irrelevant to STT time, although the count of
GPS seconds is important.

Less worse than being off 14 seconds now.

So, starting on July 1, 1991, you couldn't code STTs using GPS time
displays, and you can't now.  This is before the grand alliance was even
formed, so you are tending now to support my view?

John Willkie

From: "Paul Freeman" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>