[opendtv] Re: A bit OT: 24 Frames Drop Frame Timecode

  • From: "Russ Wood" <russ.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:44:59 -0000

Thanks John, I have tried to join SMPTE but there have been issues with
the payment transfer, as soon as it is sorted out I will have a look at
what is going on with 12-M.

Russ

De: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
En nombre de Russ Wood Enviado el: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:43 AM
Para: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

John, thanks.

Our customers are the captioning houses, they have been given
pre-encoded videos at 23.97 by their customers and told to produce
captions/subtitles to 23.97 drop-frame.

Their customers may be wrong in their request - but they are customers
so we owe them a duty to fully investigate before we say no!

The more responses I get from the guys on this list and from
manufacturers like Evertz that there is no such thing as 23.97 DF (yet)
the happier I am - on the other hand I would like to see an upgrade to
the SMPTE 12M that allows us to satisfy these requests and will
contribute if asked.

I read a couple of the Masked Engineer's articles - I will read more
when I have a few moments.

Russ