[opendtv] Re: A Station Group with a Future

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:35:09 -0500

At 9:44 AM -0500 2/4/07, Bob Miller wrote:
But even if we are NOT affecting the earth in any way change is
inevitable and we should be doing everything we can to find out how to
control this planet. Or we could just retreat to the back of the cave
and say we can't do anything about it.

Maybe we should be pumping more CO2 into the air not less or maybe we
should be building lifeboats to take us somewhere else if there is no
hope, as you suggest, here.

IMO we are about doing not accepting. If there is a God he gave us a
brain for something. If there isn't a God we better start working
harder.

Seems to me that we accept many things that we cannot change or influence.

Just ask the folks 40 miles south of here that were the latest victims of the tornadoes that frequent this area every few years.

Perhaps the better question we should be asking is whether the current climatic changes are a bad thing? We KNOW that the Earth has been through MANY periods of climatic change. We SHOULD know from this that the planet seems to adapt and survive.

An even better question to ask is why the politicians are so hell bent on maintaining the status quo, as if we have achieved some level of perfection and now must not allow any change.

Consider the current level of perfection of DTV in the U.S. for example...