[opendtv] Re: 70th Anniversary Blu-ray and standard DVDs of the Wizard of Oz

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:32:04 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Along with flexibility comes the inevitable confusion. How many people will
need that option compared to the number that might screw it up and have to
call tech support.  From the service perspective, I can see why
manufacturers may want to limit settings that are more likely to cause
confusion than solve problems for the majority.  I get these calls all the
time,

But in this case the options were already built into the players. It was the content producers that disabled those features, not the manufacturer, which caused the user - Cliff - to contact tech support. So in this case limiting options increased tech support calls!

John