[opendtv] Re: 70th Anniversary Blu-ray and standard DVDs of the Wizard of Oz

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 06:37:27 -0400

Along with flexibility comes the inevitable confusion.  How many people will
need that option compared to the number that might screw it up and have to
call tech support.  From the service perspective, I can see why
manufacturers may want to limit settings that are more likely to cause
confusion than solve problems for the majority.  I get these calls all the
time, and am thankful, for instance, that in most cases formatting options
have been more limited in displays for HD formats than for NTSC.  The
transition is confusing enough already.  Adding more options to deal with
non-standard formatting combinations would simply make it worse.

Leonard Caillouet
Gainesville, FL