[opendtv] Re: 7" ATSC TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:46:14 -0400

Bob Miller wrote:

> In the earlier years of 8-VSB a number of CE companies
> told us that they were not interested in 8-VSB because
> of its problems and they expected it to be replaced
> after some decent interval. I think they are still of
> that opinion.

No company that expects to stay in business can possibly be that
bone-headed. The facts are, as they can plainly see, that 8-VSB is here
to stay, and that suppliers of tuners and demods for ATSC have come up
with some very viable products. So to get stuck on some old notion like
that makes no sense for a CE company. They might have thought ATSC was
going away back in 1999, but facts proved otherwise.

Ergo, it sounds like nonsense that any CE company is "still of that
opinion." It ain't an opinion. It's facts.

> The evidence is evident in any retail store that sells
> DTV stuff. It was/is amazing to me when any CE company
> comes out with any 8-VSB products other than integrated
> DTV sets which are mandated.

So again, given that the first statement you made cannot possibly apply
to a company interested in staying in business, now explain the second
statement.