[opendtv] Re: 7" ATSC TV

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 04:10:42 -0400

On 4/10/07, Manfredi, Albert E <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob Miller wrote:

> Probably couldn't actually buy one either.
>
> Notice that they have 18 different DVB-T products
> and I bet they all can be bought.

You say this why? Because you think there's a larger market in Europe
for small portable TVs?

No I say it because it is true. Take a look at their product offering.
It is just as I say it is. That is why I said it.

If there ever was a mrket in the US for such
small TVs, it will not disappear just because NTSC goes off the air. If
they perform as well as some of the USB receivers I've read about, the
product should sell.

If demand exists but products don't appear, I'd like a get a logical
explanation as to why.

Bert

I don't think you want a logical explanation, a number have been
offered. You want a mystical conspiracy of baffled batty nerds meeting
in a belfry somewhere.

This company probably took a look at the world, said you know what
seems to be working is DVB-T and decided to make a bunch of products
for it. Took a look at 8-VSB and said maybe we should take a big
chance on this turkey since after all the US is the richest market in
the world.

Probably just that simple IMO.

Maybe we should ask them.

Bob Miller