[opendtv] Re: 7" ATSC TV

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:18:44 -0700

So, you go out on another limb.  Maybe a question will clarify things for
you: what makes you think that the FCC is an executive agency?

Also, I should point out that the administration seems to claim executive
authority in cases and situations (see the Boston Globe series that just won
the Pulitzer prize) where nobody has standing to sue.

That ain't the case here: the receiver manufacturers would resist.

The FCC has type-certified (not type-approved) receivers for most of your
life.  Do you see the FCC going on a re-regulatory bender?  They've been
dropping regulations for about 38 years.

The FCC has a small staff, and the Columbia branch (where hardware matters
are handled) is VERY small.

Dream on.