[opendtv] Re: 5th generation Test

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

> Dale Kelly wrote:
>

>>As I previously suggested might be the case, it appears
>>that Zenith utilized a specially designed RF front end
>>in the receiver used for  the 5th Gen demonstrations -
>>possibly never to be seen again in a consumer product.

It's now time to try the el-cheapo 5th generation box with
a really really good single-channel filter (Blonder-Tongue?)
in front of it for the difficult channels. If it really is the
front end, that should make it work. It could also
be something else, like the chip allows different amounts of
external memory, or uses aid from the main box CPU, and
these were lacking in teh cheapo box.

Doug McDonald