[opendtv] Re: 3D compressed formats

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:43:04 -0500

Mark Schubin wrote:

> The issue is just reception.

Right, sorry, I should have said "receivers and DVD players," rather than
"displays."

It seems rather easy to introduce 3D in ATSC and other DTV standards, if it's
done with the 2D+delta formats. No need to replace any of the existing
receivers, and 2D receivers would continue to show the same resolution as
before.

Not sure about the optical disc formats. Existing players may be able to work
with new 2D+delta discs, but I'm not sure. Depends on the digital frame
structure.