[opendtv] Re: 20051129 Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:53:42 -0500

John's right.  I shouldn't have restricted it to "TV."

What is covered is anything that costs the receiver a fee or any
third-party material for which the broadcaster receives payment other
than for commercials.

"             `(1) SERVICES TO WHICH FEES APPLY- If the regulations

              prescribed pursuant to subsection (a) permit a licensee to

              offer ancillary or supplementary services on a designated

              frequency--

                    `(A) for which the payment of a subscription fee is

                  required in order to receive such services, or

                    `(B) for which the licensee directly or indirectly

                  receives compensation from a third party in return for

                  transmitting material furnished by such third party (other

                  than commercial advertisements used to support
broadcasting

                  for which a subscription fee is not required),"

TTFN,
Mark