[opendtv] Re: 20050509 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:31:40 -0400

I cannot speak for conditions at an "average consumer" location, just my
apartment.  We were able to find an antenna position and orientation
that would achieve reliable reception of any station -- just not
necessarily the same position and location for each station (but we
didn't have to put the antenna on the floor as we previously had to to
get WNYW-DT).  What we did to get reception would not be unreasonable to
expect a consumer WANTING DTT and willing to take steps to get it to do.

Last summer's test, however, was pretty much idiot-proof.  Even rabbit
ears on the set (not near the window) worked (even though all the DTT
stations are UHF).