[opendtv] Re: 1080p @ 60 is Next?

"The 3 Gbps over a single cable standard is SMPTE 424M."  -Ron

Interesting, I missed that.  Dang it all if the university won't let me buy
the SMPTE standards (or any standards or books for that matter) so that I
could find out about these things.  They think all information is available
on the internet.  They'll spend $Millions on equipment and $0 on
consultants, development and research materials, support services and
equipment, etc.  They expect me to know everything (and immediately, too.)
Yeah, I know, I hear the violins playing, too.

Does anyone know if any equipment in the near future will have SMPTE 424M
I/O?  Is there a street name for it like HD-SDI seems to be synonymous for
SMPTE 292M?

Dan Grimes