[opendtv] Re: 1080p @ 60 is Next?

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:43:45 -0400

Craig wrote:

> I can sit at a high resolution computer display
> (say a 30" Apple cinema display that exceeds
> 1080P resolution) so that it covers 30degrees of
> my viewing field. Unfortunately at this close
> viewing distance the immersion effect does not
> work. We typically need a really big display
> viewed at a distance greater than 15 feet for it
> to work properly.

I used to project images onto a white wall in my basement up in NJ.  I
noticed that if the foot of the picture was at the floor, there was a
feeling that one could step into a suitably photographed scene.  The effect
was striking even when seated for viewing.  The effect was broken when the
picture was raised from the floor (and necessarily reduced in size).