[opendtv] Re: 1080p @ 60 is Next?

  • From: ShLampen@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:29:56 EDT

In a message dated 05/03/2007 10:26:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx writes:

It  also requires two cables for the 3Mb/s to interconnect the production
equipment rather than a single cable.

Belden already tests three of its cables to to 4.5 GHz to cover  1080p/60.
(Clock is 1.5GHz, 3rd harmonic is 4.5GHz.) They are 1694A,  1505A, and 1855A
and
each is printed that they are tested to 4.5 GHz.   Return loss maximum on all
three cables is -23 dB (5MHz-1.6 GHz) and -21 dB  (1.6GHz-4.5GHz).  So anyone
who wants to run single cable 1080p/60 can  do so, at least from the cable
side. The really interesting part is what we had  to do to get these three
cables to pass this extended spec:  absolutely  nothing, except change the
number
on the print legend.  They are all  passing without any manufacturing changes.
This means that any of our 3  GHz versions will also pass 4.5GHz.  If it
doesn't, we'll replace it free.  So we over-engineer yet another product.
We're
very sorry that we gave you  more than you paid for.  We'll try not to do it
again! We spent bucks to  get new test gear to go to 4.5 GHz at 75 ohms (not
standard products).  As  far as I know, we're the only manufacturer in the
world
who can now test to 4.5  GHz at 75 ohm.

So where's the 1080p/60 equipment???