[opendtv] Re: 1080p @ 60 is Next?

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:23:24 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Olivier Houot" <olho_avatar_i@xxxxxxxxxx>

I probably don't get your meaning,but...

<snip>
The 30° value itself was a result of NHK studies showing it as lower limit for a sense of immersion to kick in.

That's what I meant. I did pose my objection incorrectly. I was wondering where the 30 degrees, as opposed to 45, 60 or my favorite 90 degrees came from.

Hey, I like the front row of the theater, if the print is clean and the projector's gate isn't too loose. If you can't see the screen perforations, you're not close enough!

Thanks for the clarification.

John