[opendtv] Re: 060423 Schubin's Sunday Stuff (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:24:24 -0400

Albert Manfredi wrote:

><snipped>
>
>I think the sensible conclusion is that DTT reception is/will be just as
>non-newsworthy as reception of NTSC OTA broadcasts has been.
>

>Bert

I guess that is what we are worried about. That OTA DTV is no more
newsworthy, no more viable, not better than NTSC which has been in a
death spiral for years.

This while OTA DTV is enjoying robust growth in many other countries. So
why not just declare free OTA dead and let the spectrum be auctioned off.

Trust me the buyers will not use 8-VSB for anything on their newly
acquired spectrum.

Bob Miller