[openbeosnetteam] Re: testread / Meeting?

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 11:26:24 EDT (-0200)

> Well, the fact that we're now able to read from the network card
> seems to
> have not produced the reaction I might have expected

Well... It did, but you know how busy I am. :P

> Also, so far only Axel has added his details to CVS, so I guess no-
> one else
> has write access or no-one else is planning on contributing=3F

I am, and I just added myself.

> Still, we now have a very basic ethernet and ipv4 modules that
> produce the
> following output...

No, it does not. :P

[/boot/home/CVS/openbeos/net=5Fkit/source/server]> testread
allocated a 4096 byte block starting at 0xa0000000
allocated a 4096 byte block starting at 0xa0001000
Network Card Read Test
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Have you set the device path to point at your card=3F
If not you probably won't see anything!

Couldn't open the device! General OS error

And yes, I did set the network card path to the path to my network card
(/dev/net/rtl8139/0). Could it be the fact that I am using BONE=3F

> As for the net=5Fserver module, I'm guessing we need to scan the /dev/
> net
> directory and try to open/attach to all the drivers we find=3F  That'll
> bring
> the issue of ifnet structures and so onto into tehlight as well, so
> plenty
> to talk about.

Well, I can we will only have to open whatever drivers the user
configured.

> I've added openbeosnetkit to irc.openprojects.net and have it
> permanently
> available now (ChanServ is guarding it for us :)) so are we still
> planning
> on meeting there for a chat tomorrow afternoon=3F

I will be travelling. Sorry.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

There is something fascinating about science.  One gets such wholesale
                -- Mark Twain