[openbeosnetteam] Re: stack

Axel wrote:
> I meant the object modules, not the source code! It would be really
> silly to have different source code locations.
> What I meant was: it should be easily possible (most of the time) to
> load the kernel modules from the userland stack and just use them
> without the need to recompile them for userland usage.

Without recompilation???

Kernel addons are linked against _KERNEL_.
It's written in their image ELF table.
How come we can tell the BeOS loader that he should consider our
userland net_server as "_KERNEL_" image instead of the kernel real
image!?!

Please, if the fs-kit userland journey make figure you some speels on
this area,
could you share with us mortals?

-Philippe.

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Bubble Memory, n.:
        A derogatory term, usually referring to a person's
intelligence.  See also "vacuum tube".