[openbeosnetteam] Re: stack

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:59:13 CEST (+0200)

Ingo wrote:
> > I somehow dislike the grist :-)
> Any reason why? The only one I can think of is, that one has to
> specify
> the full identifier (including grist) on the command line, if
> building
> only that target is desired. But as a work-around pseudo targets can
> be
> added.

It's nothing reasonable, just the overhead in typing and its look...
Perhaps also that I hadn't understood its exact use yet ;-)

> > I would prefer to just rename it to net_stack or something like
> > this
> > (like give it a name: "bone", "walter", or whatever ;-))
> Then user and kernel land stack must have different names, too. At
> least
> if they are both visible at the same time, i.e. not made mutually
> exclusive via an `if ... else'.

They are not really visible at the same time; the userland network
stack driver and the network stack driver for the kernel stack both
have the same name (or else libnet.so would have some difficulties in
talking to it).
IIRC the modules have to be recompiled as userland add-ons also (at
least they were located in another directory for the userland stack),
but I guess we could change this.

Adios...
   Axel.