[openbeosnetteam] Re: skeleton sockets fd support driver

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:03:15 EST (-0300)

> > Based on V2/#36 BeNewsletter (http://www.befaqs.com/mirror/classic-
> > be
> > /aboutbe/benewsletter/volume_II/Issue36.html#Insight), select()
> > drivers
> support should works since R4 yet! So, I'm confident...
> > Weird enough, KernelExport.h still don't declare
> > notify_select_event() kernel call.
>
> In R5, it's declared in fsproto.h (e.g. as part of the iso9660 sample
> code).

I am pretty sure it would work in R5. BFS had to be changed for
select() to work on files (do you remember that, David? You requested
it) and that's because it didn't implement the select and deselect
hooks. The extra thing BONE added was support for select() on sockets
(as file descriptors).

We will have to test to be sure, but I guess we should be ok. No R5
installation here to test.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Information Center, n.:
        A room staffed by professional computer people whose job it is
to tell you why you cannot have the information you require.