[openbeosnetteam] mailing list config again

  • From: <j-schwerer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Feb 2002 01:09:44 MST

Ok...

>Any idea what mail server you're running on(software wise)?

No, the only thing I can say is freelists.org is the ugliest and most
unfriendly configuration I have ever seen for a mailing list. I have changed
the configuration the way indicated in the OBOS thread, I have just tried to
play a little further with it but I am very sceptic regarding freelist's
server capabilities in that area ^_^

As far as MY posts are concerned I am sorry but there is *nothing* at all I
can do about it for now (like IRC =P).
As said earlier, I am forced to post using a webmail's interface, so I can't
change anything in it. The concerned webmail is Amexmail (which uses
netaddress/usa.net engine) and I know they flag all emails sent as being
"8-bit" while this is not true.
I won't be able to use anything else than webmail until I recover a personal
Internet connection, however I can try to use a different webmail server.
But that's not going to be easy.... I can't use my ISP's because they identify
people from their phone number, it is not possible to login from someone
else's place.... My free.fr account won't work cause it relies too heavily on
Javascript for Opera 3.62, and my multimania.fr account won't work cause Opera
and Net+ don't handle cookies the way the server wants them to. Usually I did
everything POP+SMTP but I'm really stuck.
Anyone else causing that kind of encoding problems should check their mail
writer encoding schemes. Scooby is known to be a great source of mistakes in
that area ^_^

As I mentioned IRC above... does anyone have a log for it? Please someone send
it to Erik so he can put it online, thanks.
I spent close to half an hour trying to make IRC go through an http proxy but
it wouldn't allow me to connect to any irc server (looked like some IP /
identification problem). So unfortunately I couldn't join. How I am getting so
impatient to recover my own ADSL connection....!!! :o)

Jean

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1