[openbeosnetteam] Re: hy, I want to write a DHCP client

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:48:32 +0200 CEST

"Chira, Valentin" <Chira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thx for info. I never tried to start OpenBeOS before but I will try
> it. I
> hope I can install it easily. Can you tell me what is the status of
> OpenBeOS? is it installable? Do you have some Installation guide? or
> just

You can run the barebone kernel, but that's probably not what you want.

The current networking stack in the repository just work under the
current BeOS - it doesn't run under OpenBeOS itself yet. AFAICT it
currently doesn't build in the new tree but that should be solved soon.
But you could write the client nevertheless and just don't set the new
information yet; print it out in a terminal or something like this.
Maybe we can even use a BSD solution completely - I would have a look
at this first.

Adios...
   Axel.