[openbeosnetteam] Sorry...

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:36:57 -0000

Guys,

Didn't manage to get my code into CVS last night and won't have time today,
so it'll live on my HDD until I get back from Phoenix on Sunday. I have
actually added routing and it works! Almost anyways :( The main reason it
hasn't been committed as ARP is broken and it's taking a little while to
make sure that I don't introduce too much breakage. The commit will
introduce a LOT of code and new headers etc.

There have been a couple of people asking what's next - well IMHO the next
thing that people should focus on is getting an interface to the stack
working. Once we have that we can start getting simple apps working and go
from there. The architecture is there (mostly) already and simply fleshing
out what it does is a big task but largely a case of adding code to existing
files and options to existing functions. How we get access to them is the
real issue.

Do we want fd == socket for our initial release? It would be nice but I
think that until we have a bit more idea that we have a working net_stack
that we can access via apps and control via a preferences app I'd rather see
us wait on that. From what I've seen/read it looks like we can add the
support at a later date.

So, apologies for not getting my code in but the 3 hours it took to get
routing in and working were late at night and I just ran out of time. I will
be continuing my research while away though :)

david