[openbeosnetteam] Net team status report

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obos-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx, openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:47:33 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Hi all,

I'll be offline until october 5 due to, well, far from home & offline
customer site :-(

I'm sorry to report that I've made very low progress on openbeos net
team last weeks.
The move to /current and the headers break that follow then is one of
the reason, thanks it seems that latest Axel and Marcus works would
resolve this issue soon.
Thanks, guys you're our headers nightmare gurus!

But I've to confess that my openbeos free time is near zero since two
weeks, as it seems the company I works for is going bankrupcy (?),
without even notice their peoples. I guess you will understand at what
project my free time is currently used (where's my last resume? who
want me!?!).

However, I may use the long all week in far customer office to learn
more deeper than ever the stack internal.

For the current net team active tasks :
- libnetapi.so (that's BNet* classes) : assigned to Scott(web page not
updated)
- Documentation : I'm assigned here, and I thinks I should report some
50% progress here.
- libnet.so : no progress made here
- /dev/net/stack driver : no completed, but it's not blocking.
- GUI Preferences app : Robert seems to be in fatherland
(congratulations!), Evan sent me his code, and may have time to
continue it. However, we should contact the Network preflet coders to
coordinate here...
- Build/Install system : moving to jamfiles is near to be done. Really.
- Testbed stack platform : that's our net_server-like stack. I've on my
laptop a first one, I may use the long week away to get a releasable
one
- Move code to /current tree : the code was moved, but the headers
paths changes broke. Marcus and Axel efforts will solve this issue with
many others in other teams...

-Philippe, hoping to have a better october month than september was...

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

"A power so great, it can only be used for Good or Evil!"
                -- Firesign Theatre, "The Giant Rat of Summatra"