[openbeosnetteam] Introduction

  • From: "Lee Dohm" <sheriffleo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:22:32 -0800

Hello . I've been asked to announce myself here . so who is this Lee
Dohm guy and who does he think he is?

I've got over 5 years of C++ experience and a couple years of C.  I've
implemented a few projects and seen them through from design to support
& the most notable (and the one that I feel best about) is a vehicle
emissions testing simulator for the Big Three auto manufacturers in
Detroit.  It included an interpreter to handle a language that I
designed for the users to create test cases for the simulator to run &
and it handled all of its communications through a combination of TCP
and UDP sockets.  I've written some code for BeOS & but nothing that I
was able to distribute.  I have both BeBooks too ;)

What am I willing to do for The Cause?

I'm willing to write code on anything that's currently open that doesn't
require a huge knowledge of BeOS drivers.  Most of my experience is in
using TCP and UDP ... but I know enough about networking that I know how
to implement networking protocols in C and C++.  I think right now I'd
like to help flesh out some of the low-level protocols that are needed
in order to build the base for the BSD sockets level library to be
created.  If those are covered, then perhaps working on the C sockets
library would be best?

Other than that, I'm willing to do whatever I can (within my time
constraints) to help make OBOS a reality.

Thanks for your time,

Lee Dohm