[openbeosnetteam] Re: Integration Q's

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:13:58 CET (+0100)

> Ah, that bit I understand then...  What about ioctl as other parts of
> the
> kernel support them don't they?

Yes, but not R5 sockets.
We'd need to have a device that maps all calls, e.g. /dev/socket -
every time an application calls socket(), that fake device would create
a new sockets, but it would have a real fd then.
We'd need port communication between the device and the net_server,
then.

> > When we are going towards OpenBeOS, we should really change this.
> > This will either be fixed more or less automatically, by moving it
> > into
> > the kernel, or we'd have to change the kernel, so that it can
> > provide
> > user-level access to fds (with regard to creating, removing,
> > handling).
> Is changing the kernel really an option prior to using newos?

Have I caused that impression?

Adios...
   Axel.