[openbeosnetteam] Re: Hey Philippe, Waldemar...

> Merry Christmas to you all (well, one day too late...).

Thanks!
I hope yours was great.

> > How can I help?
>
> The route and traceroute commands do not work.
> I could need a simple tcpdump application to see if all PPP packets
> are sent correctly.
> Additionally, the netstack is full of bugs:
>
> It is not thread-safe (e.g.: ifnet usage: adding/removing and access
> are always done without locking).
>
> I cannot send/receive packets using the PPP add-on although all
> values are set correctly (local and destination address + local
netmask)

> Do you have a private network? If so, could you please try to ping
> and then telnet or ftp to your sencond computer using our netstack?
> We do not have an telnet/ftp app; I hope those on your HD will work.
> Otherwise we might have to get the source of the BSD apps and try to
compile it.

> Philippe will probably have some better jobs for you, but I would be
> happy if our netstack was working... ;)

In fact, I don't. Plus, it's sound enough tasks...
:-)

Helping making our current network stack working is the top priority.
There's a userland version of this stack. It allow us to run it hosted
by an userland app.
You'll learn more about it here:
http://www.freelists.org/archives/openbeosnetteam/10-2003/msg00042.html
And here :
http://www.freelists.org/archives/openbeosnetteam/10-2003/msg00058.html

Note that it's not up-to-date version, and you may want to replace
parts by newers built from our CVS.

The route and traceroute don't work yet, and I suspect that because
they can't open route sockets.
Mostly because we don't have the old/pre-newtree move route module
checked-in.

- Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

When does summertime come to Minnesota, you ask?  Well, last year, I
think it was a Tuesday.