[openbeosnetteam] Hash tables...

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:41:36 -0000

Has anyone got a nice, general purpose hash table implementation they could
donate?  I ask as we really need one for the ARP cache stuff.

You'll notice we now have the start of

arp
ipv4
ethernet

I propose adding icmp (hopefully today) and udp (want to see what all these
packets on my network are all about), and then we'll have enough basic
modules to see how it all hangs together and start discussing that.  We'll
also have a few different levels of modules.

BTW, as soon as the arp cache is basically implemented we'll need an arp
binary, so shall we add a bin directory for all these tools or are people
happy that it live in the arp directory?  I'd like to have the source in arp
and final output in bin, but that may just be me?

david