[openbeosnetteam] ArGoSoft Mailing List Server

  • From: <emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 26 Jun 2006 17:24:54 +0200

Command

Axel, does anybody the rationale behind going for libnetwork.so? Is it only
there to be able to have a fresh start? If so, I'd prefer going the
libsocket.so/libbind.so route in our stack - even though I like libnetwork.so
better, I can't stand the code duplication and library cluttering for almost
nothing. The best would be to dynamically detect the ABI interface between R5,
BONE and our ABI at runtime, not compile time. If we want to continue the BeOS
Kit way, I don't see why we should split the *official* networking kit into
several libraries (libnet.so -) Maybe I should see if our loader could support
having both libsocket.so and libbind.so symlink to the one and only
libnetwork.so instead. That trick works under R5, AFAIK. I use it everytime to
switch between Mesa3D libGL.so libraries... And I fail to see why we should NOT
support it under Haiku, whatever the libraries. Network-related or not.
Philippe.

not understood.

Please send mail to emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, containing word HELP as the
first non-blank line for the list of available commands.

ArGoSoft Mailing List Server