[openbeosmediakit] Re: new version of Extractor.h

  • From: "shatty" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 02:24:05 PDT

Hi Philippe,

The BTrack object is not the same as the BMediaTrack object, and
likewise I hadn't planned on making the BExtractor the same as the
BMediaExtractor object.  The BMedia* versions are the ones that
applications typically use and encapsulate some handy shortcuts or
other functionality that most every application will use.  The other
versions are the API that is implemented by the addons.

The point is well taken though.  Since these are the APIs that will be
implemented by addons fulfilling these roles, perhaps we could use
BMediaExtractorAddon, etc.  That would read better too: I need to
implement a media extractor addon for avi. :-)

Then we could have instantiate_extractor_addon().  ;-) (to those in the
know)

Andrew
P.S. the original media kit names were really BExtractor, etc., but we
don't have to play by those rules where this is concerned, since they
were in the private namespace.