[openbeosmediakit] Re: media adds on

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:49:42 +0200

On 7/12/07, Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Salvatore Benedetto wrote:

> In order to have the media_addon loaded, it has to placed under
> /boot/beos/system/add-ons/media right? Apparently the only media

no, you should place it in /boot/home/config/add-ons/media

Ok, I'll create a media directory and place the usb_webcam.addons in there
and see
what happens.

add ons that gets loaded is the mixer, while the usb_webcam is not longer
> loaded even if it's there. Since it used to get loaded, before I started
> coding it,

err sorry, how did you do that?

I'm starting to think it's a coincidence  with an updated of Haiku.
Something changed for sure,
don't know where. The matter of the fact is, there is not logitech entry
anymore under video in
the Media window as it used to be.

I need to know why it doesn't get loaded anymore,  and for that I need
its,
> or the media_server, debug info. :)

On BeOS and Zeta, appeareantly only nodes the mixer node, and one
node thas has physical outputs and is connected to the mixer get
instantiated.
Additionally, nodes that return true from WantsAutoStart() are also
instantiated. Be careful, the BeBook documents the function signature
wrong, it must be:
virtual bool WantsAutoStart();

Ok thanks.

For Haiku, this comment should describe what happens. Contrary to R5,
it will instantiate all physical input/outputs.

        // During startup, first all add-ons are loaded, then all
        // nodes (flavors) representing physical inputs and outputs
        // are instantiated. Next, all add-ons that need autostart
        // will be autostarted. Finally, add-ons that don't have
        // any active nodes (flavors) will be unloaded.

Actually, when starting the media_server some errors about regarding
physical node appears, like

### ERROR: Couldn't fine physical video output node

Same for input node, and input/output audio node. There is also an error at
the very
beginning about the MediaServerPort that cannot be found, same as
MediaAddonServerPort.

regards
Marcus

Salvo