[openbeosmediakit] Re: media adds on

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:17:36 +0200

On 7/26/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Your add-ons are started within the add-on server, and therefore they
share the same standard input/output channels.

Yes,  and I tried to kill and restart the media_addon_server, as I did with
the
media_server, but that makes it crash, and it won't start again.

IIRC PRINT will just dump to stdout - which might not help you, also
you need to compile your add-ons with DEBUG=1 to see any output.

I don't know how to do that with jamfiles.

There
are two things you could do to make your system more vocal, though:
1) use SERIAL_PRINT() for debug output instead (or _sPrintf() directly,
as defined in os/support/Debug.h)

2) replace /dev/null with /dev/dprintf for redirecting output in the

Bootscript

Good to know.

Anyway, I eventually decided to drop everything into a file, which seems to
work.

Anyway, I think, in the future, it would be a good idea to have a
media_server.log and
a media_addon_server.log placed under /var/log.

Thanks for your help
Salvo