[openbeosmediakit] Re: media adds on

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:41:21 +0200 CEST

"Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I still haven't figured out how to display the debug messages
> of the PRINT macro in the usb_webcam.media_addon. Apparently
> they are not routed to the media_server. Perhaps they are router to
> the media_addon_server, but if I try to kill it and start it it
> crashes.

Your add-ons are started within the add-on server, and therefore they
share the same standard input/output channels.
IIRC PRINT will just dump to stdout - which might not help you, also
you need to compile your add-ons with DEBUG=1 to see any output. There
are two things you could do to make your system more vocal, though:
1) use SERIAL_PRINT() for debug output instead (or _sPrintf() directly,
as defined in os/support/Debug.h)
2) replace /dev/null with /dev/dprintf for redirecting output in the
Bootscript

HTH,

Bye,
   Axel.