[openbeosmediakit] Re: device driver

  • From: "unlyrn" <unlyrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:29:19 NZST (+1200)

> There's less then 10ms between input and output so i can play my
> guitar with
> a delay and a flanger like a boss=5Fpedal.

Speaking of which... 'low-latency' is one of those terms I see thrown
quite a lot in reference to BeOS' media capabilities.

However, things have changed quite a lot since Be first got things
together -
systems like ASIO provide 1ms latency easily enough, and there are
soundcards that support this.

Most latency is necessary due to the soundcards themselves; size of
buffers etc, but what is the theoretical minimum latency we can achieve
with the current media kit=3F

David Shipman