[openbeosmediakit] Re: Update And Question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:35:26 CEST (+0200)

> That's all well and good.  Now I can tell if it is of BControllable
> type,
> but the question is, how do I get a 'BControllable *' or even
> 'BMediaNode *'
> out of my 'media=5Fnode' object (because i want to call
> 'BControllable::Set/GetParameterValue' methods)=3F  I understand the
> explanation that the 'media=5Fnode' object is used to represent
> BMediaNode
> objects accross memory spaces, and that 'media=5Fnode' objects should
> be
> passed to the Roster to facilitate interaction with the underlying

Normally, you don't have to - you would just call e.g.
BMediaRoster::GetParameterWebFor(), and don't bother with the direct
implementation.
At least that's how I understand it - as an application you don't talk
to the BMediaNodes directly, ever - you are just using the methods
provided by the roster.

Adios...
   Axel.