[openbeosmediakit] Update And Question

  • From: Zousar Shaker <shakerz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:33:15 -0600

Hello,

    First of all, just want to say that the progress on BParameterGroup and
BParameterWeb is going well, and they should be done this weekend.

    The only thing that is still troubling  me is the
BParameter::Get/SetValue methods.  I've got a much better grasp on them now,
but one detail remains...  The situation boils down to the fact that i've
got a "media_node" object which I want to test to see if it's a
BControllable type node (done with the following code according to Be
Newsletter, Volume III, Issue 9, March 3, 1999).

media_node::kind & B_CONTROLLABLE

That's all well and good.  Now I can tell if it is of BControllable type,
but the question is, how do I get a 'BControllable *' or even 'BMediaNode *'
out of my 'media_node' object (because i want to call
'BControllable::Set/GetParameterValue' methods)?  I understand the
explanation that the 'media_node' object is used to represent BMediaNode
objects accross memory spaces, and that 'media_node' objects should be
passed to the Roster to facilitate interaction with the underlying
'BMediaNode' object... but I don't see any way of getting to
'BControllable::Set/GetParameterValue' given a 'media_node'... Maybe Marcus
might have some insight on this, as he has implemented the BMediaNode class.

Also, as a final note, I want to mention that it seems as though I'll be
returning to work some time next week, so I will likely have less time (but
not none) in the future to work on the project.

Thanks,

Z.S.