[openbeosmediakit] Three weeks

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:55:56 +0000

Strange topic?

Not at all. We will have done our first milestone in three weeks or less.

The first milestone is: basic sound playback capability, for multiple
applications running at the same time.
This means the implementation of the BSoundPlayer class,
a mixer in the the media_server, which multiple applications can
connect to and use it for playback. We also need a replacement
preference application for master volume control, which also has
the capability to display a deskbar replicant.
Then, something must be written to find the soundcard device driver,
probably using BDirectory and recursiv searching.
Someone must write a mixer, and someone has to do the

Assignments will be out later this day.