[openbeosmediakit] Some really good news (and some bad)

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:46:58 +0200

First the good news:

Zousar Shaker has completed BParameterGroup and BParameterWeb.
I have completed BMediaAddOn.

Both will be put in CVS next week.

I also started a media_addon_server, to load the media add-ons of BeOS R5.
The bad news is that we can't load the system audio mixer, as it requires 38
private functions of libmedia.so, all of them do audio sample and rate
Rewriting these functions won't be a solution, as they are about 1700 lines
of (dis-)assembly.

The only real solution is to rewrite the system audio mixer node.

The mixer node is a class implementing BBufferConsumer and BBufferProducer.
it handles multiple inputs in different formats, and has on output to the

I have no plan of handling multiaudio soundcard, suggestions here on the
list are very welcome.

So, who wants to rewrite the mixer? Timeframe is about three weeks, since
I'm making great process and need it really early.