[openbeosmediakit] Re: MediaFormats ...

  • From: Frans van Nispen <xlr8@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:55:15 +0000

>Hmm, ok I suggest you have a look at the sample code in /boot/optional/sample
>-code/media_kit/MediaFile/easy/easy-media-reader.cpp
>
>That shows how to open a file and extract raw audio from it.
>For a more complex one look at /boot/optional/sample-code/media_kit/MediaFile
>/mplay

 I already figured that the decoders do not all support float output, so I have
added code
to do so myself.

The big problem I have now is that I want to save the buffers in memory
(floats, mono or stereo)
to a file with a format selected from a popup menu and a chosen codec to use.

Creating the BMediaFile works ok, CheckInit() too, but then trying to create
the BMediaTrack
always failes, no matter what I try.

Does anyone of you have a codesnippet that shows me how to do so ????

I need to be able to save off mono/stereo in 8, 16 or 32 bit with a selected
codec and check
whether the codec does support it.

Regards,
Frans van Nispen.